- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- ½ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup grated Asiago Cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
Adjust oven racks to upper middle and lower middle positions. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a sheet of parchment paper, unfold puff pastry and sprinkle with cheeses and salt and pepper. Top with an additional sheet of parchment paper and press with a rolling pin until puff pastry is about a 10"square. Remove top parchment and cut pastry into ¾ inch strips. Twist strips gently and lay 1" apart on parchment paper. You may sprinkle with any cheese that has fallen off while twisting. Bake 10 minutes moving from middle bottom rack to upper middle rack half way through cooking. Cool 5 minutes and serve warm.
In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Serve with cheese straws.