Without a doubt, these are the BEST. COOKIES. EVER.
They were a national Pillsbury Bake-Off Winner, so I can't take credit for them, but they are destined to be a family favorite!
Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 roll Pillsbury refigerated peanut butter cookie dough, well chilled
- non-stick cooking spray
- Heat oven to 375* F. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In another small bowl, stir peanut butter and powdered sugar until completely blended. Shape mixture into 24 (1 inch) balls.
- Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half crosswise to make 24 pieces; flatten slightly. Shape 1 cookie dough piece around 1 peanut butter ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
- Roll each covered ball in peanut/sugar mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Spray bottom of drinking glass with non-stick cooking spray; flatten each ball to 1/2 inch thickness with bottom of glass. Sprinkle remaining peanut/sugar mixture evenly on tops of flattened cookies; gently press into dough.
- Bake 7 - 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.