- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tub (12 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 angel food cake, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 bags frozen strawberries
- fresh strawberries, sliced
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy; add sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the almond extract; set aside.
2. Fold the cool whip into the cream cheese mixture.
3. Gently stir in cake pieces; set aside.
4. Combine strawberries and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
5. Layer in a large glass bowl, starting with 1/4 of the strawberries, then adding 1/3 of the cake mixture.
6. Continue layering; finish with strawberries.
7. Cover with plastic wrap; and chill several hours.