- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole baby beets, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup fat-free honey-Dijon mustard salad dressing
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish. Stir well; set aside. Combine chicken and buttermilk in a bowl. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Drain chicken from buttermilk. Dredge a few strips at a time in breadcrumb mixture, tossing to coat.
Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add oil and place over medium heat until hot. Add chicken to skillet and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Arrange 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates; divide chicken and beets among plates. Top with 2 tablespoons dressing and 2 tablespoons cheese.