- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ½ cups cooked chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Tortilla Chips
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped topping
- 1 container (4oz) strawberry yogurt
In a large skillet, saute the onion yellow pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a large stock pot add additional ingredients except chips and bring to a simmer and cook for 20-25 minutes. Makes 10 servings.
Cut off outer edge of pineapple and then cut into spears. Serve with fruit dip mixture (see below).
In a small bowl, combine whipped topping and yogurt. Refrigerate until ready to serve.