Gingered Watermelon Salsa
* 2 cups diced seeded watermelon
* ¼ cup diced yellow bell pepper
* 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
* 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
* 2 teaspoons white grape juice
* 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
* 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
To prepare salsa, combine all ingredients, cover and chill until ready to serve. You can make this up to 4 hours in advance. Makes about 2 ½ cups. Serve with cinnamon chips or your favorite tortilla chips.
Avocado Citrus Salsa
* 2 medium oranges, peeled, seeded and chopped
* 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
* ¼ cup chopped red onion
* ¼ cup snipped cilantro
* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* ½ teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
* ¼ teaspoon salt
In larger bowl combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving. Makes about 2 ½ cups.
Apple Berry Salsa
* 4 large apples (Gala or Braeburn)
* 2 cups strawberries, diced
* 2 kiwi
* 2 tablespoons brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons apple jelly
Peel, core and dice apples. Dice strawberries and kiwi. Combine all fruit and add brown sugar and jelly. Note: Fruit will juice so best to serve with a slotted spoon, and don't make too far ahead of serving time. Serve with cinnamon tortilla chips.
Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
* Flour tortillas
* Cinnamon sugar mixture (to taste)
* Spray bottle of water
Preheat oven to 400. Lightly spray tortillas with water, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top. Use a pizza cutter and cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place on a cookie sheet and cook 8-10 minutes. Cool completely before serving.